HOW TO: monochrome dressing made easy
Posted on 05 September 2017
We LOVE a good monochrome look. It's never overdone and can pack a subtle or bold punch depending on your color of choice. Whether you stick with a neutral or go with a deep shade of orange, monochrome dressing is a unique fashion statement, and one that's relatively easy to pull off. Today we're breaking down some of our favorite looks.
1. Totally neutral: This is beautiful and understated, yet the pairing is so deliberate, it speaks volumes in the personal style department. For this look, start with your accessories first and choose ones that fall in the same color family. Build up from there.
2. Mix in a print: This is a look full of visual interest and would work with absolutely any color. Pick one item of clothing with a print that's based in a solid color and build from there.
3. Texture: A huge trick for successful monochromic dressing is adding visual interest through different textures and fabrics. Knit sweaters, and textured blouses compliment solid pieces beautifully.
4. Denim on denim: this is a combo that is both equal parts easy and difficult to pull off, and can be done really well or really poorly. This is a beautiful example of how getting a monochrome look with denim on denim doesn't have to have a "Texas tuxedo" vibe, but instead can be understated and chic. The number one key is high quality washes, and really good shoes.
5. High-low combos: Another way to approach monochrome is to utilize your tee shirt collection. Combining structured dress pants with a comfortable tee reads chic, intentional, and understated.